Click HERE to listen to the Christmas Prayer.
1 Timothy 2: … pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. 2 Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.
It’s a privilege and necessity to pray for our leaders, their families, our nation and our government. Let’s pray not only for our president, but for all leaders. Do we really hate the sin, yet love the person bound by sin? Are we secretly asking God to kill those whom we perceive to be our enemies, instead of praying for them to be blessed?
And Jesus said in Matthew 5:44: “But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!
With compassion, let’s pray this Christmas that God will heal, use and protect their lives from destruction; that our world can recover and be rescued from the grip of sin and despair.
1. Pray that our leaders would have understanding to discern between good and evil.
2. Pray that the Bible and the teachings of Christ would characterize our leaders’ policies.
3. Pray that our leaders’ marriages would be kept a priority even in the midst of daily demands.
4. Pray that our leaders would become friends to those who honor Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
5. Pray that our leaders and all global would uphold the sacredness of marriage as a covenant only between a man and a woman.
6. Pray that our leaders would lead the way in protecting and upholding the value of the unborn, newborn, elderly, and those who are unable to care for themselves.
7. Pray that our leaders’ administrations will respect the place of Judeo-Christian values in our global society.
8. Pray that our leaders would have perseverance in leading the effort to defeat terrorism around the world.
9. Pray that the presidential family and families of all leaders would model lives of integrity, purity, and humility in the midst of high visibility.
10. Pray that our leaders would promote laws that enable God’s people to lead quiet and peaceful lives in godliness and honesty.
11. Pray that our leaders would be surrounded by wise, biblical counselors who have an understanding of the times.
12. Pray for physical, mental and emotional strength and courage as our leaders seek to serve our governments as stewards of God’s authority.
13. Pray for physical protection for our leaders’ families and administrations.
14. Pray that our leaders would make decisions that would allow Christ’s church in America and around the world to flourish.
15. Pray that our leaders would enact policies and legislation that protect the family, encourage parents, and uphold a biblical standard of righteousness.
16. Pray that our leaders would daily seek the God of heaven, and that they would exemplify true meekness and humility while addressing crucial issues.
17. Pray that our leaders would follow attempts to significantly curtail pornography, the human trafficking trade, and the triple threat of racism, reproductive genocide and sexual perversion.
18. Pray that God would clothe our leaders with wisdom and discernment to lead righteously.
19. Pray that our leaders’ administrations would be men and women of integrity in both their private and public lives.
20. Pray that the Lord would close the mouths of those who oppose righteousness.
21. Pray that our leaders would have wisdom and discernment on how to apply Scripture to our government’s fiscal policies.
22. Pray that the presidential family would avail themselves of the Lord’s help in facing each day’s challenges.
23. Pray that our leaders would be accountable to men who are morally upright in order to prevent any downfall due to pride or moral weakness.
24. Pray that our leaders would not allow their deep desire for unity to supersede their desire to do what is right according to God’s Word.
25. Pray that God would unite the nation behind our leaders in any decisions that honor God.
26. Pray that our leaders would establish protective hedges in areas of vulnerability to temptation.
27. Pray that our leaders would wisely handle the issues of the Middle East.
28. Pray that God would prompt our leaders to disarm all influences that seek to undermine godly principles.
29. Pray that our leaders will seek the heart of God for any potential Supreme Court justices and federal court judges.
30. Pray that our leaders will set aside regular times to rest and to focus on God and His Word, as well as their families.
31. Pray that our nation will truly become one nation under God, respect and pray for our president, and elect state and local leaders who will govern righteously.