FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: September 9, 2015
Contact: Leslie Palma
Speakers to include Eduardo Verástegui, producer of “Bella” and “Little Boy”
PHILADELPHIA — Can you find the common thread in this group?
The “Brad Pitt of Mexico.”
A charismatic international pro-life leader and author.
The woman whose life’s work inspired a Hollywood movie.
The niece of the nation’s most revered civil rights leader.
A member of the nation’s fastest-growing voting bloc.
A Catholic journalist/author/TV and radio host.
All six will headline the Pro-Life Symposium at the World Meeting of Families in Philadelphia. The symposium will take place from 6 to 7:45 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 23 in the Grand Ballroom of the Pennsylvania Convention Center. The symposium is free and open to the general public, as well as World Meeting attendees.
Addressing the international, multicultural audience will be:
- Eduard Verástegui , an actor and producer who turned his back on stardom to concentrate on projects – including the movies “Bella” and “Little Boy” — that reflect his Catholic faith.
- Father Frank Pavone, National Director of Priests for Life and author of Abolishing Abortion a new manifesto for the pro-life movement.
- Kathy DiFiore, whose decision to devote her life to pregnant women in crisis was the basis of the Hollywood film “Gimme Shelter.”
- Dr. Alveda C. King, niece of Martin Luther King Jr. whose work as director of African-American Outreach for Priests for Life has galvanized the African-American pro-life community.
- Astrid Bennett Gutierrez, Director of Hispanics for Life and executive director of Los Angeles Pregnancy Services.
- Teresa Tomeo, a best-selling author and radio host whose “Catholic Connection” reaches millions of listeners five days a week. Ms. Tomeo will serve as mistress of ceremonies for the symposium.
“The theme of this year’s World Meeting of Families is ‘Love is Our Mission: The Family Fully Alive,” Father Pavone said, “but the family can be fully alive only if all its members are protected, including the youngest children. Nothing is more destructive of the family than abortion, and every member of the family feels its devastating effects. It is time to proclaim the need for full protection of the children and healing of the whole family. That’s why we felt it was so important to include this pro-life event in the World Meeting schedule.”
Tickets are not required for the event and even those not registered for the World Meeting are welcome. For more information, directions and a schedule of speakers, go to www.ProLifeWorldEvent.com
Priests for Life is the nation’s largest Catholic pro-life organization dedicated to ending abortion and euthanasia. For more information, visit www.priestsforlife.org.