Silent No More Awareness Campaign Launches ‘Men Regret Lost Fatherhood’






SNMAC

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 3, 2013

Contact: Leslie Palma
347-286-7277

The Silent No More Awareness Campaign has launched Men Regret Lost Fatherhood, a new initiative for men who have taken part in an abortion and are coping with feelings of remorse.

Beginning today, visitors to SilentNoMoreAwareness.org can click on the photo icon for “Men and Abortion” at the top of the page to be taken to the new platform, which offers resources, information and support for men who regret their lost fatherhood.

“Our goal is to reach out to broken and hurting fathers who regret lost fatherhood and are searching for help,” said Kevin Burke, LSW, a pastoral associate with Priests for Life and Silent No More, and the co-founder of Rachel’s Vineyard Ministries. “Experience has shown that many men hurting from the loss of a child to abortion think they are alone in their suffering. The new platform is a way of increasing our message for men who come to the Silent No More Awareness Campaign that they are not alone, that healing is available and they are an essential part of our overall outreach.”

Silent No More co-founders Janet Morana and Georgette Forney decided to launch Men Regret Lost Fatherhood in April to coincide with Abortion Recovery Awareness Month.
“No matter what role men had in an abortion – whether they suggested it, supported it, insisted on it or stood silently by – the feelings they experience afterward can leave them uncertain of where to turn for help,” the co-founders said. “Our hope is that Men Regret Lost Fatherhood will be where they come to find validation of their feelings after abortion and resources for recovery.”

The Silent No More Awareness Campaign was founded in 2002. Since then, its public gatherings – including the March for Life in Washington D.C. – have included the testimonies of an increasing number of men. With Men Regret Lost Fatherhood organizers hope to call more men like Matt Clinger to share the truth of their abortion loss.
“I lost the chance to be a father twice because I was not man enough to stand up for my children in the womb,” said Matt, who serves as a spokesman for the Campaign. “I medicated the shame I felt from the abortion with alcohol, pornography and a trail of dishonesty. But today, with the thought of my two children rooting me on, I am hoping to reach out to other men who are still suffering in silence.”

The new platform is an outgrowth of the Fatherhood Forever Foundation, which was founded in 2005 by Jason Baier, a post-abortive father who recognized that men like him had few places to turn for help.

“Our hope is that the international scope of Silent No More will help us reach all the men who regret their lost fatherhood with a message of hope and healing,” Burke said. “Pro-choicers tell us that abortion is a woman’s choice, but two people created that life, and both of them, along with their unborn children, suffer the consequences of that choice.”

***

Since the launch of the Silent No More Awareness Campaign in 2003, 5,612 women and men have shared their testimonies publicly at over 1,195 gatherings in 48 states and 10 countries. More than 12,865 people representing 77 countries are registered to be Silent No More. Raising awareness about the hurtful aftermath of abortion and the help that is available to cope with the pain are two of the Campaign’s goals. The Campaign has over 1,718 testimonies posted here, with over 214 that are shared via video!

The Silent No More Awareness Campaign is a joint project of Anglicans for Life and Priests for Life. For more information, please visit our website: www.SilentNoMoreAwareness.org






One Response to “Silent No More Awareness Campaign Launches ‘Men Regret Lost Fatherhood’”

  1. Hi there colleagues, nice post and pleasant urging commented here,
    I am in fact enjoying by these.

Leave a Comment

*