Abortion advocates want more than to keep Roe vs. Wade intact. They want to establish an international right to abortion, overriding the decisions of individual nations to protect preborn children, but, as usual, these people have it completely wrong. The international right that has to be proclaimed and protected is the right to life.
After the horrors of the Second World War, people around the world realized that there was a need for an international body to acknowledge and protect basic human rights, in case individual nations fail to do so. This led to the development of the United Nations. The UN Charter states that its purpose is, “to reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person.” Let’s apply this principle to the unborn.
Great tool for planning your pro-life activities: The 2012 Priests for Life calendar is a great way to keep pro-life front and center in your home throughout the year. Click here to order yours today.
- Human Rights Must be Extended to the Unborn
- Column: An International Right to Life
- Father Peter West to become VP for Missions at Human Life International; Msgr. Mike Mannion new Pastoral Consultant for Priests for Life
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- International Day of Prayer and Remembrance for Terri Schindler Schiavo, and All of Our Vulnerable Brothers and Sisters