Staten Island, NY – Father Frank Pavone, national director of Priests for Life, issued the following statement upon the arrest of Philadelphia abortionist Kermit Gosnell, his wife, and eight co-workers on eight counts of murder. The arrests followed a lengthy investigation revealing what a grand jury found to be a “criminal enterprise” that involved “routinely and deliberately” killing babies born alive.
“Having dealt for 30 years with the abortion industry and abortionists, both practicing and converted, I am not in the least surprised by this development, and neither should the American people be surprised. This is happening every day across America,” Father Pavone said.
“If you read the medical textbook Abortion Practice and the sworn court testimony in which abortionists describe the procedure, you will read about how babies are dismembered limb from limb every day legally in America.
“There is a silver lining to the cloud of Dr. Kermit Gosnell, namely, that we will finally wake up to what is happening. It is the norm and not the exception.”
For more information on the Priests for Life educational campaign on dismemberment abortion, visit www.stopdande.com.
Priests for Life is the nation’s largest Catholic pro-life organization dedicated to ending abortion and euthanasia. For more information, visit www.priestsforlife.org.
- Priests for Life Announces Four-Pronged Attack on Abortion Industry in 2012
- Fr. Frank Pavone on the Passing of Joan Appleton, Former Abortion Nurse/Founder of Help Group to Those Who Leave Abortion Industry
- Catholic Priests and Former Abortionist Confront Congress on Meaning of “Abortion”
- The Abortion Industry & the Genocide of African-Americans
- Logic of the Abortion Industry