STATEN ISLAND, NY – Father Frank Pavone, national director of Priests for Life, issued the following statement today after Baby Joseph Maraachli’s successful surgery at Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center.
“Yesterday was a big day for Baby Joseph and his family, as the baby received a tracheotomy. Ordinary medical treatments are those which provide a reasonable hope of benefit without an excessive burden. Baby Joseph received yesterday a wonderful benefit, through the love of his parents and the professional care of the Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center.
“We at Priests for Life continue to challenge those in our society – whether medical professionals, government officials, or anyone else – to stop putting a price tag on human life. The idea that some lives are not worth living belongs to a past age of worn-out philosophies leading to massive holocausts which deserve to be bad memories on the ash heap of history, not threatening clouds on its horizon,” Fr. Pavone concluded.
Click here for a statement from the Medical Center.
Click here for photos of Baby Joseph after surgery.
- Statement from SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center Regarding Baby Joseph
- Baby Joseph Defies His Critics and Ours
- Father Frank Pavone of Priests for Life Leads Covert Mission to Rescue Baby Joseph
- Visit Baby Joseph Central at www.PriestsforLife.org
- Who is Baby Joseph and Why Should I Care?