From the beginning of the Church, God’s people have been blessed by the ministry of deacons. The word deacon means “servant,” and a deacon serves the Church by proclaiming God’s word and carrying out various works of charity in the community. The deacon, therefore, is called to proclaim the Gospel of Life and to witness to the Church’s concern for the poorest of the poor, the unborn children.
A powerful new movement serving the least among us is Deacons in the Service of Life. This is a pro-life effort brought about through Priests for Life, and helping deacons to preach, counsel, and mobilize their parishes for pro-life activity. Many deacons feel a special calling for pro-life work, and some want to do it on a full-time basis. For more information, visit priestsforlife.org.
- Pro-Life Preaching for Deacons on the Ascension
- National Pro-Life Religious Council to bestow awards at Jan. 23 service in Capitol Visitors Center
- Message from the Pastoral Team of Priests for Life/Gospel of Life Ministries
- Literature Distribution in Church Parking Lots is Legal!
- ProLife Preaching for Deacons on Pentecost