Without the protection of the right to life, no other discussion of human rights can continue.
So declared Cardinal Renato Martino in an interview I conducted with him about politics and elections.
As we approach Election Day, some – even within the Church – will distort and hide the fact that the Church (and commonsense, by the way) make it crystal clear that the right to life is the most foundational good to preserve in any election.
Without life, we don’t have anything.
Can you imagine a candidate saying, “I support terrorism” and a voter replying, “I disagree with you on terrorism, but what’s your health care plan?’
No. The supporter of terrorism would be dismissed as unworthy of public office.
So should the supporter of abortion.
Now, it’s not just you saying that. By using this video at www.FrFranksBlog.com, it will be the Cardinal saying it!
So I ask you to do the following:
1) Click here to watch the video on Youtube.
2) Post this message on your Facebook account.
3) Tweet this message to your Twitter followers.
4) Place this message on your blog and/or website.
5) Bring this message to the attention of your pastor and invite him to quote the Cardinal as he preaches to the people in these days before the Election!
Thank you for all you are doing to advance the protection of life. Nothing is more important.
Fr. Frank Pavone
- Fr. Pavone: At the core of every political issue is the right to life
- Alveda King Wins Cardinal O’Connor Pro-Life Award
- Priests for Life part of Cardinal O’Connor’s legacy
- Cardinal Christoph Schönborn, Archbishop of Vienna, joins Priests for Life Advisory Board
- Priests for Life Announces Second of Video Series