Fr. Pavone called upon pro-life activists to continue to insist, in creative ways, that the government stop funding the nation’s largest abortion provider, Planned Parenthood. He issued the following statement:
“The defunding of Planned Parenthood was not included in the budget deal reached this weekend by Congress. At the same time, this is not a ‘one chance only’ proposition. Cutting off funds from Planned Parenthood and the abortion industry overall is an imperative that must be brought up again and again, and pursued through various legislative proposals not only on the federal level but also in the states. Moreover, activists should continue to target corporate funding of Planned Parenthood.”
“The separate vote in the Senate this week on this issue should be carefully scored and used as an election issue next year. Moreover, this debate gives all of us the opportunity to consider again how important the abortion issue is. If government can take away your life, it can take away your money, too – and everything else besides. All our rights depend on the right to life. Government should neither be funding nor permitting in any way the planned, advertised killing of innocent children.”
- Pro-life leader Blasts Continued Funding of Planned Parenthood
- Fr. Pavone on Passage of No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act
- Priests for Life leader to Senate: No More Money for the Most Corrupt Organization in America!
- Father Frank Calls for Investigation of Planned Parenthood
- Gary Bauer and Dr. Alveda King: Why Our Government Must Stop Funding Planned Parenthood