Staten Island, NY – Fr.Frank Pavone today paid tribute to Archbishop Pietro Sambi, Apostolic Nuncio to the United States, who passed away last night at the age of 73.
“On behalf of our entire Priests for Life team, I want to express gratitude for the work that the Archbishop did in being the Holy Father’s representative in the United States. In addition to his many responsibilities, which he carried out with great fidelity and joy, he also followed our work with great interest. In the conversations I had with him regularly at the US bishops’ meetings, he was always a great encouragement. At certain critical moments of our growth, he provided direct assistance and guidance to protect and strengthen our ministry,” Fr. Pavone explained.
Archbishop Sambi was also responsible for the regional human rights organization for all of North and South America, the Organization of American States (OAS). He recognized the promotion of the culture of death by radical activists at the OAS and was assisted in his efforts to not only monitor but counter pro-abortion actions by Priests for Life/Gospel of Life Ministries.
- Priests for Life Mourns Passing of Fr. Richard Hogan
- Fr. Pavone Mourns Passing of Former Abortion Leader Turned Pro-Life Hero, Dr. Bernard Nathanson
- Priests for Life offers congratulations, pledges assistance
- Priests for Life mourns the passing of Rev. Howard Creecy
- Vienna Archbishop Praises American Pro-Life Movement in Visit to Priests for Life Office