Staten Island, NY – Fr. Pavone today called on Congress to pass H.R. 358, the Protect Life Act, a bill that would bar abortion funding in the President’s health care law.
Majority Leader Eric Cantor has announced that the House will vote on the Protect Life Act next week. The bill would bar the President’s “Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act” from directly or indirectly funding abortions and would add right of conscience protections for health care workers unwilling to participate in abortions.
“Congress needs to take the funding wiggle room out of health care and close the loopholes – it needs to pass the Protect Life Act so that the public doesn’t have to pay for abortion,” Fr. Pavone said. “Moreover, those who work in the health care industry and who live out their deeply held beliefs need more conscience protection and they need it in writing. This Act will strengthen their protection.”
Priests for Life today alerted every Catholic parish in the nation to have its people call their Congressional representative about this bill.
Priests for Life is the nation’s largest Catholic pro-life organization dedicated to ending abortion and euthanasia. For more information, visit priestsforlife.org.
- Fr. Pavone Urges Passage of Pro-Life Bills to Protect Women, Babies, and Health Care Workers
- “Misunderstandings” and “Bogus Claims” on Abortion Funding in Health Care Legislation Come from the White House, Not Pro-Lifers, Says Fr. Pavone
- National Organization of Women Religious Join Bishops in Rejecting Senate Health Care Bill
- Fr. Pavone – “Health Care Hijacked by Abortion Extremists.”
- Religious Leaders Urge Senate To Resist Abortion Funding