Each year at the end of August, the International Network of Catholic Legislators meets in Rome. This gathering, which I will address again this year, seeks to network and encourage practicing Catholics in elected office, and give them ongoing formation, spiritual guidance, and strategic ideas that they can implement. At a time when so many moral and religious values are under attack from dangerous forms of legislation, and in a climate where faith is so often divorced from public life, this network is very valuable and necessary.
All of us can participate in two ways. First, as Scripture says, we should pray for those in authority. Second, we have to be active citizens, carefully evaluating those for whom we vote, and then communicating with them once they are in office.
- Largest Network of Priests against Abortion Weighs in on Health Care Debate
- Catholic Schools Exist to Impart the Catholic Faith
- Joint Statement–Gospel of Life Ministries, Life Issues Institute, and the Parliamentary Network for Critical Issues New United Outreach to Save the Lives of Unborn Children Globally
- Priests for Life Now an International Association
- International Day of Prayer and Remembrance for Terri Schindler Schiavo