Staten Island, NY – Fr. Frank Pavone, National Director of Priests for Life, the largest network of clergy and lay people dedicated to ending abortion, announced today two special initiatives regarding the Church’s call for authentic health care. First, Priests for Life has created a special website at www.PrayerCampaign.org which features a daily Prayer to End Abortion as well as a Prayer for Our Nation’s Health Care Reform. A second site, ProLifePrayers.org, serves as a special Facebook cause that is quickly becoming the largest pro-life prayer group in history. Fr. Pavone asks all priests to encourage their parishioners to join Facebook and sign up on this urgent cause.
The second initiative features the participants of the Silent No More Awareness Campaign, the largest network of women and men speaking out about their own loss of children to abortion. The Campaign has joined the health care debate by producing a special video stressing that health care reform must not include an expansion of abortion, arguing that health care should serve women, not hurt them. Fr. Pavone urges all priests and pastors and pro-life organizations to share this video with the people they serve. See the video at: www.SilentNoMoreAwareness.org/healthcare.
- Prayer and Testimony Will Shape Health Care Debate
- “Misunderstandings” and “Bogus Claims” on Abortion Funding in Health Care Legislation Come from the White House, Not Pro-Lifers, Says Fr. Pavone
- Fr. Pavone Urges Congress to Approve the Protect Life Act; Stop Abortion Funding in Health Care
- Abortion Is Not Health Care!
- Prominent Clergy Group Launches Health Care Prayer Campaign on Facebook