Mrs. Naomi Barber King was married to the younger brother of Martin Luther King, Jr. Among Mrs. King’s children is Dr. Alveda King, the full-time Pastoral Associate of Priests for Life who is bringing so much attention to the abortion issue within the African-American community. Naomi King has also spoken out about abortion, pointing out how staggering the statistics are, especially among Black women. She has also shared her personal testimony about how she chose life with the encouragement of her family. On the day of the March for Life, I will have the pleasure of presenting Mrs. King with the National Pro-life Recognition Award, at the morning prayer service on Capitol Hill. You are invited to this prayer service, which starts at 8am, and details of the location will be at www.priestsforlife.org/marchforlife.
- Alveda King Wins Cardinal O’Connor Pro-Life Award
- Dr. Alveda King available for interviews on dedication of Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
- Fr. Pavone to receive Henry Hyde Award from American Catholic Press
- Alveda King: “Occupy” movement must turn away from violence
- Dr. Alveda King Calls Comparison of George Tiller to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. “Offensive beyond Belief”