“Forty years ago today, the most destructive decisions of any government in human history were imposed upon America by the Supreme Court. Roe vs. Wade and Doe vs. Bolton, decisions which both plaintiffs now reject, legalized abortion throughout pregnancy for any reason or no reason at all, unleashing the destruction of more than 53 million babies since then.
“Today I am observing this day in Jackson, Mississippi, because here is found the last remaining abortion mill in the state. Mississippi is likely to soon become the first state without an abortion mill, and many others will follow.
“Here with me in Jackson, for all to see, will be the intact body of an aborted baby, who has been named Daniel. This child, killed by a form of abortion that induces violent contractions, was entrusted to a pro-life activist anonymously by a pathologist.
“I have been asked to honor the body of this child with appropriate prayers and rituals and a public viewing. We honor in daylight a child who was killed in darkness.
“In so doing, I join my fellow pro-life activists in calling on Churches, public officials, and our fellow citizens to repent of their silence in the face of this bloodshed, and to begin today to make the end of abortion our first priority.
“This week, the pro-life movement mobilizes to remember and to renew our determination to end this American holocaust.
– Join today in an hour of prayer via webcast from 3 to 4 p.m. ET. See RememberingRoe.com.
–Join for prayer in Washington DC on the morning of the March for Life. See NationalPrayerService.com.
– Listen to the testimonies of men and women who have lost children to abortion and, as they recall their pain, we demand a government recall of the procedure. See RecallAbortion.com.
Priests for Life is the nation’s largest Catholic pro-life organization dedicated to ending abortion and euthanasia. For more information, visit www.priestsforlife.org.
“The Spirit God has given us is no cowardly spirit.” (2 Tim. 1:7)
- Fr. Pavone Calls for Aborted Baby Wake Services
- Priests for Life leader to Senate: No More Money for the Most Corrupt Organization in America!
- Fr. Pavone Mourns Passing of Former Abortion Leader Turned Pro-Life Hero, Dr. Bernard Nathanson
- Priests For Life Launches Facebook Cause “Pray to End Abortion”
- Planned Parenthood Violations “No Surprise,” states Fr. Pavone