STATEN ISLAND, NY – Father Frank Pavone, national director of Priests for Life, issued the following statement following the Feb. 18 House vote to defund Planned Parenthood:
“It usually takes the law a while to catch up with reality. Since 1991, the pro-life movement has been sounding the alarm that the entire abortion industry, including but not limited to Planned Parenthood, is full of lies, corruption, and abuse. It is nothing short of a criminal conspiracy. Yet even if that were not true, no government funds should be used for the killing of children.
“Now that the House of Representatives has voted to defund Planned Parenthood, it is the Senate’s turn to do the same. It is time for the people to make history and defy the notion that they cannot get the Senate to defund Planned Parenthood. It is time for our citizens to speak with an unprecedented, unified, and loud voice: No more money to the most corrupt organization in America!”
- Silent No More Women and Men to Senate: Listen to our Voices, and De-Fund Planned Parenthood!
- Pro-life leader Blasts Continued Funding of Planned Parenthood
- National Organization of Women Religious Join Bishops in Rejecting Senate Health Care Bill
- Silent No More About Planned Parenthood
- Fr. Pavone calls for “Steady and Calm Determination” on Abortion Defunding