Washington, DC — Fr. Frank issued a statement today in favor of the Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act (PRENDA), which is expected to be voted on in the House of Representatives this evening.
The measure would outlaw any abortion performed because of the gender of a baby.
“This is one of those measures that drives home the point that abortions in America can be performed for any reason whatsoever. People often react in horrified unbelief that there even is such a thing as sex-selection abortion, but the existence of legislation to stop it can awaken the consciences of many. Let’s pass this law, and let’s use the vote of our Representatives on this bill as an election issue,” Fr. Pavone said.
It is estimated that 163 million women are “missing” because of sex-selective abortion around the globe.
- Priests for Life Team to Walk the Halls of Congress
- Priests for Life expands Prayer Campaign to End Abortion
- Priests for Life welcomes Arizona decision on late-term abortion
- Priests for Life unveils new home page
- Priests for Life leader to Senate: No More Money for the Most Corrupt Organization in America!