STATEN ISLAND, NY — Father Frank Pavone, national director of Priests for Life, responded to Sen. Harry Reid’s insistence that any agreement on funding the government will include funding of Planned Parenthood.
“If that’s the case,” Father Pavone said, “then shut it down. When a government funds massive child-killing, it has betrayed its very purpose anyway. Maybe a shutdown will give our government officials a chance to reflect on what government should be doing in the first place – serving life, not helping to destroy it.
“Priests for Life will make sure that churches across America receive the voting records of the members of Congress on any votes that affect the funding of Planned Parenthood, and inform their congregations in next year’s election cycle. We need public servants who can tell the difference between serving the public and killing the public,” Father Pavone concluded.
- Gary Bauer and Dr. Alveda King: Why Our Government Must Stop Funding Planned Parenthood
- Fr. Pavone: No License Plate Funding for Planned Parenthood
- Priests for Life leader to Senate: No More Money for the Most Corrupt Organization in America!
- Case Against Planned Parenthood Moving Forward
- Planned Parenthood Wants Your Children to Have Sex: It’s Good for Business