WASHINGTON, D.C. – Dr. Alveda King, director of African-American Outreach for Priests for Life, has announced that the conference “Redeem the Dream: The State of the Quality of Life in the 21st Century,” set for Saturday, Aug. 27 at the Family Research Council has been postponed.
The Aug. 28 dedication of the Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial on the National Mall has been postponed due to the anticipated arrival of Hurricane Irene. No new date has been announced. “Redeem the Dream” will be rescheduled to coincide with the new dedication date.
- “Redeem the Dream” conference Saturday in D.C.
- “Redeem the Dream” conference set for Saturday in D.C.
- Dr. Alveda King available for interviews on dedication of Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
- Dr. Alveda King on King Day: The Dream Includes Us All, Born and Unborn
- The Beloved Community and the Unborn