Staten Island, NY – Fr. Frank Pavone, President of the National Pro-Life Religious Council, said today that if the Senate wants to pass a health care bill that respects the will of the American people, it will need to add restrictions to abortion funding.
“A majority of the House of Representatives voted for the Stupak/Pitts amendment, and that represents the thinking of a majority of Americans,” Fr. Pavone stated. “The Senate should act in a similar manner. This is a health care bill, not a bill to expand child killing.”
“Those who argue that abortion is a private matter in which the government has no business cannot then insist that federal funds be used to pay for it,” added Fr. Pavone. “Money laundering schemes or shell games will not be tolerated. Abortion is not health care and taxpayers should not be forced to subsidize it.”
- Fr. Pavone Urges Congress to Approve the Protect Life Act; Stop Abortion Funding in Health Care
- National Organization of Women Religious Join Bishops in Rejecting Senate Health Care Bill
- No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act
- Oppose Taxpayer Funding of Abortion
- Fr. Pavone – “Health Care Hijacked by Abortion Extremists.”