The international Silent No More Awareness Campaign, a joint project of Priests for Life and Anglicans for Life, called upon the United States Senate to follow the example of the House of Representatives and deny funding to Planned Parenthood.
“Experience trumps rhetoric,” said co-founder Janet Morana, Executive Director of Priests for Life. “It’s time to bring to the Senate the experience of the thousands of campaign members who have lost children to abortion. Funds to Planned Parenthood are funds that result in devastating the lives of untold women and men. The members of the US Senate would benefit from listening to and reading the testimonies of these individuals.”
The Campaign has announced that beginning March 1, its members will be present outside the Senate office buildings in Washington, D.C., holding signs saying, “I Regret My Abortion.”
“As someone who has suffered from an abortion, I can say that the opportunity to speak in this way is profoundly meaningful to these women,” said co-founder Georgette Forney, President of Anglicans for Life. “We pray that it will likewise be meaningful to the Senators who hear them.”
- Silent No More About Planned Parenthood
- Priests for Life leader to Senate: No More Money for the Most Corrupt Organization in America!
- Pro-life leader Blasts Continued Funding of Planned Parenthood
- Post-Abortive Women, Cancer Victims Cheer Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation’s Decision to Defund Planned Parenthood
- Silent No More Awareness Campaign to Rally on Capitol Hill today