The service that the Church carries out to humanity embraces life at every stage and in every circumstance. Our “ethic of life” is indeed consistent, because love is indivisible. To fail to respect a human life at any stage of its development is to break the principle that holds it sacred at every stage of its development.
That is why one may never use our duty to life at one stage as a justification for destroying it at another. Some have tried to do this in the health care debate, by their willingness to expand child killing in the process of helping adults get medical treatment. This approach is self defeating, because as soon as we tolerate the killing of children, we undercut every rationale to provide health care to both children and adults.
Must-have pro-life book: Ending Abortion; Not Just Fighting It is a collection of lifesaving and informative pro-life essays from Fr. Pavone. Click here to order your copy today.
- Embrace Life At Every Stage
- A Consistent Ethic of Life
- Fr. Pavone Urges Congress to Approve the Protect Life Act; Stop Abortion Funding in Health Care
- Fr. Pavone Urges Passage of Pro-Life Bills to Protect Women, Babies, and Health Care Workers
- Father Pavone hails House passage of the Protect Life Act