Priests for Life is expanding to a larger headquarters located in
Titusville, Florida! We are hiring for various positions in that
location; work for some of these positions begins in the summer, and
for others in early Fall.
At Priests for Life, we are looking for people who seek to lend
their professional skills to help the pro-life movement achieve its
goal of protecting unborn children and ending abortion.
Priests for Life offers a competitive salary and benefits which include Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) Program, Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays.
Requirements for all positions
• Applicants must be highly organized, detail-oriented, possess strong interpersonal skills and have a high-energy level. Our office is a fast-paced environment that demands the ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines.
• Applicants must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Outlook and Access.
To be considered for a position with Priests for Life, please send the following to email@example.com:
1. Cover letter indicating position you are applying for and contact information
3. Three references with contact information
4. Three letters of recommendation
Note: We are looking for someone who will be able to work in the
Titusville, FL area. The individual would work remotely until the late
Spring/early Summer of 2017 and then would begin working in our new
Titusville, FL headquarters.
Priests for Life is looking for a highly motivated and creative
individual with experience and a passion for connecting with people on
social media, and activating them to become involved in the pro-life
movement, support our work, and utilize our resources.
An essential component is communicating the ministry’s brand in a
positive, authentic way what will attract today’s social media audience.
This individual is instrumental in managing the company’s
• Creation and publish relevant, original, high-quality content.
• Follow a regular publishing schedule.
• Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan
specific, timely marketing campaigns.
• Promote content through social advertising.
• Deliberate planning and goal setting
• Development of brand awareness and online reputation
• Content management
• SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
• Cultivation of leads and sales
• Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest,
Flickr, Tumblr, Google+, SoundCloud and other platforms
We are at the forefront of how pro-life groups utilize social media, and
we are present on multiple social media platforms, as can be seen at our
Send resume to Jobs@PriestsForLife.org
System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and all related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems are operational and updated.
This individual will lead project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases using PFL's Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research and development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
Tasks and responsibilities will include but is not limited to the following:
Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
In working with the National Director and the COO, develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
Contribute to and maintain system standards.
Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
Perform regular file archival as necessary and within the parameters of the PFL procedures.
Create, change, and delete user accounts.
Provide Tier III/other support per request from various staff members. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted parties.
Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
Upgrade and configure system software
Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
Maintain server room’s environmental and monitoring equipment.
Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
Microsoft Systems Administration/System Engineer certification.
Four years system administration experience.
Candidate must be able to deal with a variety of problems and, when procedure requires, to decide which answer is best.
Individual must be able to interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people.
Provide technical guidance to members of Administration.
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
A minimum of two years experience as an executive assistant required. Excellent communication skills a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 2013/2016.Salary commensurate with experience.
Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
• Day to day scheduling of appointments and management of meetings for our executives
• Interaction with pro-life, government, and Church leaders regarding joint projects
• Reading through and providing synopsis of various documents for Priests for Life executives
• Writing drafts of responses to such communication and making recommendations
• Transcribing, proofreading, scanning and faxing
• Research assignments
• Assist in the preparation for meetings, retreats, trips and conferences
• Run various errands
• Manage incoming and outgoing phone calls, letters, and emails
Our public outreach associates respond to inquiries from the public about Priests for Life regarding various aspects of abortion, the pro-life movement, Priests for Life, and issues raised by us and our guests on our many radio, television and internet broadcasts.
They also initiate communications with the public, as instructed, to foster participation in various projects and activities of Priests for Life and the wider pro-life movement.
The individual in this position must have a 4-year college degree and must be proficient in Microsoft Office 2013/16. Candidate must be organized and be able to handle pressure in a high paced environment. He or she must be a good writer, be knowledgeable of pro-life movement, the Church and must have a professional and pleasant phone presence.
Proficiency in reading and writing in Spanish is also needed.
All correspondence, i.e. emails, snail mails, social media messages, and phone calls must be answered within one business day of being received. These procedures are all outlined in detail according to the Priests for Life’s correspondence/public outreach procedure which insures the consistency of the messages from our ministry to the public.
The Pastoral Team of Priests for Life is committed to a constant schedule of meetings and speaking engagements nationally and internationally. Our team of speakers average about two trips per week. Our Speakers Bureau Associate must manage these trips according to the very detailed Priests for Life Travel procedure. Below are the requirements for the position:
• Candidate must have a 4 year college degree
• Candidate must be organized and be able to function in a busy and fast paced environment; must be detail-oriented and at the same time have a good phone presence, interacting with the public.
• Proficiency in Microsoft 2013 or 2016 Office Suite a must
• Keep track of incoming invitations utilizing a Microsoft Access database
• Strategize with travelers and management regarding the best use of opportunities presented by the invitations
• Handle all communication between Priests for Life and the inviting groups
• Prepare detailed itineraries for the traveler according to the travel procedure.
• Review upcoming trips and invitations via weekly meetings with the traveler
• Work to maximize the impact of trips by looking for opportunities for media outreach and other forms of publicity and interaction with leaders and the public
• Arrange for various communications between travelers, administration, and inviting groups.
• Communicate with our travel agency regarding the booking of flights, hotels, and transportation.
Our receptionist is the voice and face of Priests for Life to the public who visit our office or call on the phone. Hence we are looking for someone with a lot of people skills and, at the same time, an attentiveness to detail and the ability to discern the proper level of importance of various communications that come to the central office.
• Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone.
• Connects visitors and vendors with the appropriate personnel.
• Keeps track of the whereabouts of staff and connects them with Administration who may want to speak with them.
• Assists in building security by following procedures; checks security monitors before letting guests in; updates logbook.
• Receives and properly handles/re-routes
a) Phone calls and voicemail messages
b) Emails from various company accounts
d) Comments filled out in various online forms
• Sends faxes, prepares letters and emails as directed.
• Carries out certain data entry tasks, collating, typing, or other administrative tasks as directed.
• Assist in the physical preparation of various mailings as directed.
• Maintains telecommunication system by following Priests for Life detailed procedure with respect to phone and PBX policies.
• Windows 7/10
Computer Help Desk
Our Help Desk technicians assist our staff both in the main office and remotely in our satellite offices with day to day hardware and software issues that may arise. This individual needs to have knowledge of a wide range of hardware, software and operating systems, be proficient at troubleshooting, and have the skills to work with and explain computer issues to staff of widely varying degrees of computer knowledge.
• Provide tier one technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
• Respond to users either in person or over the phone.
• Assist in writing training manuals.
• Train users in latest OS, software, equipment, etc.
• Execute daily, weekly and monthly maintenance of computer systems.
• Respond to all helpdesk trouble tickets from users seeking help.
• Ask questions to determine the nature of problem.
• Walk users through problem-solving process.
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
• Clean up computers.
• Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
• Troubleshoot technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), and other systems.
• Install computer peripherals for users.
• Follow up with users to ensure issue has been resolved.
• Work closely with the System Administrator
(DBA) Database Administrator
At Priests for Life, we put a very high priority on building, utilizing and maintaining the best systems for managing the large volume of data that comes to us each day. We currently utilize primarily SQL Server and MS Access. We need the expert help of someone familiar with the functioning and design of these systems, and flexible enough to follow the guidance of the Administration in terms of our database needs and direction of development. Our database systems have all been built in-house and are highly customized to meet the specific needs of Priests for Life. Along, therefore, with knowing how these systems work, the Database Administrator needs to become very familiar with the specific ways in which Priests for Life utilizes, analyzes, and shares our data and needs to be ready to work within those parameters.
Install and configure new SQL Servers
Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the Priests for Life’s (PFL) Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
Test backups to ensure it meets PFL’s Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
As new systems are brought in-house, choose whether to use clustering, log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure, or other technologies
When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
Document the company’s database environment
Ensure that new database code meets PFL’s standards for readability, reliability, and performance
Each month, give developers a list of the top 10 most resource-intensive queries on the server and suggest ways to improve performance on each
Design indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add or remove indexes
When users complain about the performance of a particular query, help improve the performance of that query by tweaking it or modifying indexes
Conduct SQL Server training sessions for application developer(s)
Advise developer(s) on the most efficient database designs (tables, datatypes, stored procedures, functions, etc)
Requirements and Experiences should include:
Writing and improving MS Access and MS SQL Server T-SQL queries for at least three years. You may have technically had “C# Developer” or “Java Developer” on your job title, but you were known amongst the office as the go-to person for Access and T-SQL questions.
On-call troubleshooting experience with at least three years production Access/ SQL Server. You don’t have to be the only DBA or have DBA in your job description, but you should have been the one person that the company would call if Access and/or SQL Server service stopped working.
Using Profiler traces and other tools to find the most frequently run queries
Using third party applications/tools like sp_BlitzIndex® and DMV queries to answer questions about index usage
Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance
MS Access 2013/16, MS SQL Server 2008/12/16
Priests for Life relies on the daily donations of people around the nation to support our life-saving work. The team who enter those daily gifts consists of fast paced, high energy individuals who handle a multi million non profit organization. These individuals must be very detail-oriented and accurate, and comfortable entering data and handling money for most of the day. At the same time, these individuals must have high people skills, patience and kindness on the phone, and the ability to explain to donors the answers to their questions and concerns in a way that will motivate them to continue giving and even to increase their donations.
Familiar with MS Access and entering donations
Bank experience a plus
Proficient MS Outlook including creating Outlook calendars
Data Entry using customized MS Access DB
Managing monthly donations including calling monthly donors, credit declines, etc.
Works very closely with the Finance Department
Proper phone etiquette a must
Familiar with Mail merge documents
Taking requests and inquiries regarding Wills and Bequests, according to the opportunities Priests for Life offers donors to support us in this way
Must be able to drive to the bank and post office to pick up and drop off daily donations.
Microsoft Office 2013/16
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
Video and Audio Producer/Editor
At Priests for
Life we have a radio and TV studio at our headquarters, and need a person to
assist with the day to day operations of basic taping and editing of audio
and video broadcasts and the proper upkeep of the studios and their
follow studio and production procedures of Priests for Life
in daily working order and well organized
radio and television taping and live broadcasts by members of our
audio and video editing according to company procedures and in
conjunction with our company videographer
and video clips to TV and radio outlets and to our internet department
archiving of physical and digital footage, as well as retrieval of
footage to be used in new broadcasts
graphics and effects
members of pastoral team on some trips to film events on the road and do
interviews with other pro-life leaders and activists
members of administration and the pastoral team from production to
discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best
practices to maximize efficiency.
experience in audio and video editing
experience with digital technology and editing software packages in the
Windows environment (e.g. Windows Live Movie Maker, Nero, Adobe Premier
Windows version, After Effects) and the MAC environment (e.g. iMovie or
Final Cut (optimal)).
with current video and audio capabilities of the iPhone
with basic camera, lighting, and audio requirements of broadcasting.
utilize basic camera (e.g. Sony HD Xcam), microphone, and teleprompter
with interaction of cameras with computer systems
transfer analog footage (some VHS, some DVD) to digital format
with special effects, 3D and compositing
with basic audio equipment (Mackie mixer, Edirol recorder, etc.)
with Sound Forge audio editing software
and storytelling skills
verbal and written communication skills with excellent organizational
bring forward creative ideas while at the same time following company
procedures and instructions