FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Leslie Palma - 732-757-9087
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Here are 10 reasons you want to talk to members of the Priests for Life team at the March for Life and its related activities this week.
- Priests for Life organizes the National Prayer Service Friday morning at Constitution Hall starting at 8:30 a.m. This service will have a special remembrance of Norma McCorvey – the Jane Roe of Roe vs. Wade – who said that Fr. Frank Pavone of Priests for Life was the catalyst that brought her into the Catholic Church.
- Priests for Life will present a pro-life recognition award at Friday’s service to Alan Sears of Alliance Defending Freedom. Priests for Life won a Supreme Court religious freedom case against the HHS mandate recently, and will echo this week’s proclamation by President Trump of Religious Freedom Day.
- Priests for Life is publicly challenging Democratic senators up for re-election in 10 red states to take a stand on the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which could come up for a vote in the Senate this month.
- Priests for Life just released dozens of undercover phone calls to legal abortion clinics in which the caller, posing as a mother late in pregnancy, successfully books an abortion appointment late in pregnancy – even at 32 weeks – though both she and the baby are healthy.
- A key project of Priests for Life is the Silent No More Awareness Campaign, the largest mobilization of families who have lost children to abortion. Members of Silent No More will gather in front of the Supreme Court building immediately following the March on Friday to give public testimony about their abortion experiences.
- Janet Morana, Executive Director of Priests for Life, just had her new book, Shockwaves: Abortion’s Wider Circle of Victims, published by Catholic Book Publishing.
- Kevin Burke of Priests for Life just released his new book, Tears of the Fisherman: Recovery for Men Wounded by Abortion. This book tackles the almost-taboo subject of abortion as more than a women’s issue. Men regret lost fatherhood.
- Bryan Kemper, Youth Outreach Director of Priests for Life, will emcee and address the March for Life Youth Rally that attracts thousands of young people on the afternoon before the March.
- Priests for Life is organizing the prayer and protest rally outside Planned Parenthood on Thursday morning. Father Frank Pavone and Father Stephen Imbarrato – a post-abortive father himself – will speak at the rally.
- Priests for Life’s African-American Outreach is headed up full-time by Alveda King, niece of Martin Luther King, Jr. She and Fr. Frank Pavone were at the national Commemorative Service in Atlanta on Monday where Fr. Pavone spoke and conveyed the message that they both wrote about in an op-ed this week in the Washington Examiner.
Priests for Life is the nation's largest Catholic pro-life organization dedicated to ending abortion and euthanasia. For more information, visit www.priestsforlife.org.