August 10, 2009
Dear Missionary of the Gospel of Life:
I pray this letter finds you assured of Christ's Victory.
The following are some good opportunities to strengthen our faith and community as Missionaries of the Gospel of Life.
- From August 7 to August 15, Priests for Life invites you to pray the Novena in honor of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, www.priestsforlife.org/novenas/assumption-novena.htm. This prayer, written by Fr. Pavone, is theologically sound, eloquent and lifts our entire being heavenward.
- Please unite with the body of Christ by joining our "Pray to End Abortion" cause on Facebook at www.prayercampaign.org. To honor the Blessed Virgin Mary on the Feast of the Assumption, we have set the goal to grow this cause to 100,000 members by August 15 to allow the Lord's will to work in us through her ongoing intercession. The Missionaries of the Gospel of Life also have a strong presence on Facebook. Become a fan of the Missionaries of the Gospel of Life by visiting our page.
- Our next Missionary Life Cell Teleconference is scheduled for Thursday September 10, 2009, 9:00 P.M. Eastern Time. These gatherings have been a blessed time of prayer, study and witness, and your participation in this International Life Cell Conference will help assure another special time.
You will be receiving registration information for this gathering in the near future.
- Clarification of MEV forms used in the Promise Process:
- Registration Form, www.priestsforlife.org/missionary/lay-association-form.htm. This is the initial form to be completed by the inquirer interested in the Missionaries of the Gospel of Life. After being registered for 10 months and participating in the formation process, the individual may then complete the Assessment Form.
-Assessment Form, www.priestsforlife.org/missionary/lay-assessment-form.pdf. The Assessment form may be completed and mailed anytime from 10 months of formation on. This form may be used as a guideline for formation as soon as one registers (see above), but is to be returned to the MEV office only after ten months from the date of registration.
- Recommendation Form is mailed (by PFL/MEV) to the parish priest noted on the completed Assessment Form. The recommendation is mailed to the priest after the assessment form has been received and approved by MEV leadership. Once the recommendation form is returned to MEV leadership by the recommending priest, arrangements may then be made for the Promise Ceremony.
National Promise Ceremony with Fr. Pavone: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 6:30 or 7:00 P.M.(will confirm) - EWTN Chapel, Irondale, Alabama.
Please let us know if you are interested in making your promises or supporting those who will.
In the Victory that is ours through Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Jim Pinto, Jr. M.E.V.