Amarillo, TX – The diocese of Amarillo today stepped forward to state publicly that Fr. Frank Pavone is a priest of good standing in the Catholic Church, and that there are no claims at all being made that he did anything wrong.
Reports in the last couple of days may have led some to the opposite conclusion because the bishop wants more information regarding the finances of the ministries Fr. Pavone heads. But there is a difference between wanting more information and claiming that someone did something wrong. And the diocese wanted to stress that distinction. There is no suspicion of wrongdoing.
The letter from the Amarillo Diocese is available at http://www.priestsforlife.org/update/amarillo-clarification.pdf
- Official Statement of Fr Frank Pavone
- Fr. Frank Pavone Statement on Guilty Plea of Man Who Threatened Him and Other Pro-Life Leaders
- Clarification of Misreporting of Facts in Media
- El Padre Frank Pavone de Sacerdotes por la Vida encabeza una misión encubierta para rescatar al bebé José
- Father Pavone to pro-choice politicians: Clean up your act