Urge members of House and Senate to oppose H.R. 1/S. 1
February 11, 2021
The Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate want to turn the chaos of the 2020 election into law. We must do everything we can to ensure that bills introduced in both chambers – H.R. 1 in the House and S. 1 in the Senate – do not pass.
Titled, ironically, the “For the People Act,” the bill would negate every election law passed in individual states and give the federal government near total control of the electoral process. Some states have passed common-sense laws to ensure the integrity of the election process. Those laws would be wiped off the books if H.R. 1 passes and is signed by Joe Biden.
Here’s a few of the things that would happen under the bill:
- States would be forced to implement same-day voter registration and absentee ballots for any reason or no reason at all.
- Cripple the effectiveness of state voter ID laws by allowing individuals to vote without an ID and merely signing a statement in which they claim they are who they say they are.
- Allow ballot harvesting, which means an individual would be empowered to collect ballots from groups of people to deliver them to the polls. Harvesters with a stake in the election could then fail to deliver ballots marked for the opposition.
- Eliminate Voter ID laws that require voters to show state-issued photo IDs before being able to vote.
- Degrade the accuracy of registration lists by automatically registering individuals from state databases, such as DMV and welfare offices. This could – and has been shown to – register large numbers of ineligible voters.
- Open the possibility for massive voter registration fraud by hackers and cyber criminals through online voter registration.
- Prevent election officials from checking the eligibility and qualifications of voters and remove ineligible voters.
- Expand regulation and government censorship of campaigns and political activity and speech, including online and policy-related speech.
- Reduce the number of Federal Election Commission members from six to five, allowing the political party with three commission seats to control the commission and engage in partisan enforcement activities.
- Require states to restore the ability of felons to vote the moment they are out of prison.
- Allow absentee ballots to be counted that were received up to 10 days after Election Day.
There are many more potentially catastrophic provisions in this 800-page bill. The Democrat-controlled House passed the bill last year but it died there because Republicans controlled the Senate. This year as you know, the Senate is evenly split between Democrats and Republicans, with Kamala Harris able to cast the tie-breaking vote.
That’s why it’s important to get in touch with both of your senators and your House members to make sure they understand you expect them to vote against this democracy-killing bill.
When you click here, you will find out how to contact your House member and Senator and what to say once you do.
Please act today, and please pass along this email to as many others you know who may be interested.
Thank you for being part of the Priests for Life Family!
Fr. Frank Pavone
National Director, Priests for Life
This is the type of action that Priests for Life can take nationwide as we mobilize our movement. To help make it possible for Priests for Life to conduct campaigns such as this one, please click here and be as generous as you can.