June 9, 2021
President Trump’s birthday is June 14, and I’d like to send him your birthday greetings along with mine!
A total lunar eclipse was visible from five continents – though not North America - on June 14, 1946. Meanwhile back in the United States, a new star was rising. Donald J. Trump, in the first wave of the generation known as the Baby Boomers, was born in New York City, and destined to become our 45th president.
Under President Trump, the dignity of the unborn was advanced more than ever; Israel’s relationships with other nations were strengthened; religious liberty was protected, and here at home, America was made great again!
That is no longer the case. Now we have an unmitigated disaster in the White House. We have a crisis at our southern border. Israel is being attacked violently. And the Democrats in the Administration and Congress are committed to wiping out every protection for the unborn and for religious freedom that President Trump was able to gain.
Do you miss him yet? Let him know. His upcoming 75th birthday gives you the perfect opportunity to extend your best wishes and to thank him, again, for everything he did for America, especially the unborn.
Here’s just some of the things he did on behalf of the most vulnerable citizens of the U.S.
- He placed more than 250 judges on the federal bench, and saw the confirmation of three justices on the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Enabled states to defund Planned Parenthood both of Title X funds and also of Medicaid funds
- De-funded the pro-abortion UN Population Fund
- Required health insurance companies to disclose whether their plans cover abortion
- Protected employers (including Priests for Life!) from the HHS mandate that required them to cover abortion in the plans they offer their employees
- Made very strong pro-life appointments in a multitude federal agencies
- Created a new division within the government for the protection of conscience and religious freedom, so that, for instance, doctors and nurses forced to participate in abortion can have more protection
- Placed explicit language in the official documents of the Department of Health and Human Services indicating that when we promote people’s “health,” that includes the whole span of life, from the moment of conception!
- Announced new rules that create a physical and financial barrier between Title X funds and the abortion industry
Many of us would like to see President Trump returned to the White House in 2024, and I suspect he will. South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham has suggested starting a “Draft Trump” campaign and in a new poll, nearly half of Republican voters said they would support the former president in a primary. If you would like him to run again, you can mention that in your greetings as well.
Please click here to send an email to President Trump, promising him your prayers on his 75th birthday!
Please act today, and please pass along this email to as many others you know who may be interested.
Thank you for being part of the Priests for Life Family!
Fr. Frank Pavone
National Director, Priests for Life