Urge Senators and House members to vote against this All-Abortion-All-The-Time legislation
June 14, 2021
Every year since 2013, Democrats have twisted the English language beyond recognition by slapping the name “Women’s Health Protection Act” on a bill that would destroy women’s health and bring us all abortion all the time.
The bill, H.R. 3755, was introduced last week in the 117th Congress by abortion advocates in the House and Senate who have never seen or heard of an abortion they don’t like.
Here are some of the things the act would do:
- Negate mandatory waiting periods before abortion.
- Eliminate requirements for ultrasound prior to abortion.
- Prohibit abortionists or staff from providing information about the developing baby, potential risks of abortion or the possibility of halting a chemical abortion.
- Eliminate bans on telemedicine.
- Repeal laws calling for abortion businesses to meet standards of other ambulatory surgery centers; requiring abortionists to have admitting privileges at nearby hospitals;
- Eliminate bans on certain abortion procedures, including dismemberment abortion.
- Eliminate bans on abortion after fetal viability based on ability to feel pain.
- Prohibit abortionists or staff from asking the reason for the abortion – for instance, sex-selective abortion or abortion for Down syndrome.
- Eliminate a ban on abortion after a heartbeat is detected.
- Eliminate conscience protection rights for healthcare providers.
- Eliminate the Sanctuary City designation in more than two dozen U.S. cities that have declared themselves abortion-free zones.
As our true President, Donald J. Trump, has said so accurately, “These people are sick.”
The danger this year that hasn’t existed in previous years is that this insidious bill stands a chance of passing, and the Baby-Killer-in-Chief in the White House stands ready to sign it.
I don’t have to tell you what a catastrophe it would be for our nation, especially for the unborn, their mothers and healthcare workers who do not want to participate in the slaughter of innocent boys and girls.
A hearing on the bill will take place Wednesday, June 16, before a Senate subcommittee chaired by Connecticut abortion-loving Democrat Sen. Richard Blumenthal, one of the two senators who introduced the bill. Expect the majority of witnesses to be sick abortion extremists. If you can, please watch the hearing at Judiciary.Senate.gov.
There is speculation that Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer may try some maneuvers to get the bill passed without the usual need to get 60 votes. Remember the Senate is split 50-50, with Kamala Harris able to provide a tie-breaking vote. The Democrats, in their hatred for Democracy, would not hesitate to push through this abortion-without-limits bill without a single Republican vote. That’s how much they care about unity – and about you.
It is urgent that we reach every senator and every member of the House of Representatives, Republican and Democrat, with the message that they must vote down this bill, not only for the babies and their mothers, but for our nation. Thirty-four Senate seats will be up for grabs in the 2022 election and if your senator’s is one of them, please let them know you will be watching how they vote on this bill.
When you click here, you will find out how to reach your Senator and House member and what to say when you do.
Please act today, and please pass along this email to as many others you know who may be interested.
Thank you for being part of the Priests for Life Family!
Fr. Frank Pavone
National Director, Priests for Life
This is the type of action that Priests for Life can take nationwide as we mobilize our movement. To help make it possible for Priests for Life to conduct campaigns such as this one, please click here and be as generous as you can.