Urge Senators and House members to vote down
“All Abortion” Act
September 9, 2021
As I’m sure you are well aware, the abortion empire is crumbling.
The September 1 enactment of the Texas Heartbeat Bill has dominated the news cycle for more than a week. Abortion advocates and their media and government collaborators are convinced this is the worst thing going on in the world right now. Never mind the China virus, or the national embarrassment of how Biden has handled Afghanistan. More important than any of these things, to loyal abortion ideologues, is that abortion on demand is not happening in Texas anymore.
While they think the sky is falling, we rejoice that lives are being saved and Moms, Dads and families are being protected every day this law is allowed to stand in a state that is not shy about asserting its rights. But while we pray that a coming case in the Supreme Court on a different law could save unborn lives all over the country, the Democrats have gotten busy trying to ensure not only the return to abortion business as usual.
The Biden administration is planning to sue Texas. Attorney General Merrick Garland wants the Justice Department to bring criminal charges against people who try to enforce the law. There has been a predictable outcry from the left that the Supreme Court should be packed with activist, pro-abortion justices to counter the conservative majority.
But it’s an effort in Congress that could be the most consequential, and that’s where I need your help. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has vowed to bring the Women’s Health Protection Act, H.R. 3755, to the floor for a vote.
It sounds good on its face, but it’s an “all abortion all the time” bill. Here are some of the things it would do:
- Get rid of “waiting periods” before abortion (that give the Mom a chance to more carefully evaluate her options)
- Eliminate requirements for ultrasound prior to abortion.
- Prohibit abortionists or staff from providing information about the developing baby, potential risks of abortion or the possibility of halting a chemical abortion.
- Eliminate bans on telemedicine.
- Repeal laws calling for abortion businesses to meet standards of other ambulatory surgery centers; requiring abortionists to have admitting privileges at nearby hospitals.
- Keep the most gruesome abortion procedures, including dismemberment abortion, fully legal
- Keep abortion fully legal after fetal viability and well after the baby can feel pain.
- Prohibit abortionists or staff from asking the reason for the abortion – for instance, sex-selective abortion or abortion for Down syndrome.
- Eliminate a ban on abortion after a heartbeat is detected.
- Eliminate conscience protection rights for healthcare providers.
- Eliminate the Sanctuary City designation in more than two dozen U.S. cities that have declared themselves abortion-free zones.
I call this the All-Abortion-All-The-Time Act. I need you to help me fight it.
It is urgent that we reach every senator and every member of the House of Representatives, Republican and Democrat, with the message that they must vote down this bill, not only for the babies and their mothers, but for our nation. Thirty-four Senate seats will be up for grabs in the 2022 election and if your senator’s is one of them, please let them know you will be watching how they vote on this bill if and when it comes up in the Senate.
Will you devote some time, as soon as possible, to contact your House member and both of your U.S. senators?
When you click here, you will find out how to contact your lawmakers, and what to say once you do.
Please act today, and please pass along this email to as many others you know who may be interested.
Thank you for being part of the Priests for Life Family!
Fr. Frank Pavone
National Director, Priests for Life
This is the type of action that Priests for Life can take nationwide as we mobilize our movement. To help make it possible for Priests for Life to conduct campaigns such as this one, please click here and be as generous as you can.