By Kevin Burke, LSW
Many Christians and all prolife advocates are concerned about the use of aborted fetal cell lines in the development of the Coronavirus vaccine.
Here are five resources to assist you in your discernment.
1. From the Charlotte Lozier Institute: COVID Vaccines and Fetal Cell Lines
2. “How to Object to an Abortion-Tainted COVID-19 Vaccine.” From the National Catholic Register. Article here.
3. Infectious disease specialists Dr. Daniel Hinthorn and Dr. Scott James share an informative perspective on COVID-19 vaccines, discussing their historic nature and the rapid speed of their development. [The issues related to aborted fetal cell lines are discussed beginning at the 13:35 mark.]
3. Statement from the Bishops Conference: Elegant Memo (usccb.org)
4. This video that offers a clear and informative presentation on the Pfizer Coronavirus Vaccine, and answers the question, Does it Use Fetal Cell Lines? EWTN’s Catherine Hadro interviews Joseph Meaney, Ph.D., President of the National Catholic Bioethics Center:
[Opening Image courtesy of: https://www.instagram.com/gerdaltmannpixabay/?hl=de]