"Without doubt, PFL has offered to the Church a great service in the Pro-Life movement. By all indications, Father Pavone is a truly charismatic leader who has led PFL to significant heights."
-From the Report on the Apostolic Visitation
Sacred Congregation for the Clergy
With the new pro-life Congress in place, a lot is going to happen in the next 90 days.
So much so, in fact, that these next three months will prove decisive in our mission to end legalized abortion-on-demand in America.
And because they are I'm counting on you to be especially generous in your support for Priests for Life's work from now until Pentecost Sunday.
Specifically, here's what your unborn brothers and sisters need from you over these next 90 days:
→PRAYERS. This is very important. Our struggle to end the injustice of abortion is spiritual warfare. So I'm relying on you to “pray without ceasing” for an end to legalized abortion in America.
→INVOLVEMENT. While we work for an end to abortion nationwide, it's important that you do what you can to end abortion in your local community.
→FINANCIAL SUPPORT. This is especially important because Priests for Life has to raise ONE MILLION DOLLARS over the next 90 days in order to fund these FIVE key projects:
- Our lawsuit against ObamaCare's abortion mandate. Our case has been appealed to the full U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.
- Campaign to Protect Defenseless Unborn Children from a brutal and intensely painful death! This is the campaign I told you about in my last
letter. It includes:
- Conducting a nationwide Survey on Abortion that will allow people to express their support for protecting children who have reached 20-weeks of development
- Criss-crossing the country rousing the People of Life to demand Congress protect 20-week old children in the womb
- Producing hard-hitting programs for our “Defending Life” series that explain the intense pain 20-week old children in the womb suffer during an abortion and urging them to demand an end to this crime against humanity
- Contacting Americans directly in their homes and urging them to join us in restoring protection to 20-week old children in the womb.
- Airing 60-second radio spots that will encourage listeners to do the same
3. Pass more state laws protecting mothers and children.
4. Shut down more abortion mills.
5. Train more priests and deacons on how to be dynamic preachers of the Gospel of Life.
Each one of these programs addresses a specific area in our fight to end the injustice of abortion and stop the killing of the youngest members of our human family. These areas include:
- Protecting our right to act and speak out publicly in opposition to the evil of abortion – especially our rights to freedom of religion and freedom of speech.
- Defending the lives of our unborn brothers and sisters. Every baby in the womb is of equal value and must be protected. Every abortion is equally wrong and we are determined to end them all. But we start by doing what is most doable right now. And that means protecting 20-week-old children in the womb.
- Over the past three years, Priests for Life has helped inspire lawmakers who have passed 205 laws in states all across the country that protect both mothers and children from ruthless abortionists like convicted murderer Dr. Kermit Gosnell.
- In addition to this, we're working with pro-life warriors like Troy Newman and Mark Crutcher to shut down abortion mills. Last year alone we helped close 73 clinics! And that's in addition to the 87 we helped close in 2013. In the past twenty years we've helped shut down 73% of the nation's surgical abortion mills!
- And abortionists, too! In 1996 there were 2,042 of them. Today there are fewer than 770!
The result of all this work is a sharp decline in the number of babies killed in abortions as reported by the Alan Guttmacher Institute (originally a research division of Planned Parenthood). According to the Institute, the rate of abortions here in the U.S. has fallen to its lowest point since 1973. In actual numbers, roughly 200,000 fewer babies were killed in abortions in 2011 than in 2008.
Keep in mind, this decrease took place before those 205 state laws I just mentioned were enacted. Which means, as these laws go into effect, fewer and fewer babies will be slaughtered in America's abortion mills.
This is tremendous progress!
Of course, we're far from finished. As hopeful as the plummeting abortion numbers are, they are still way, way, way too high. In fact, every hour abortionists all across the country brutally butcher 157 children.
As long as one child is killed in a legal abortion, our work remains unfinished.
Your support for Priests for Life is both saving babies and changing what our fellow Americans think about abortion. The so-called “pro-choice” position grows weaker by the day. And it will continue to do so as more and more Americans have the Gospel of Life preached to them as forcefully and as convincingly as Priests for Life has been preaching it for the past twenty years.
All of which should inspire you to continue your partnership with us and your fellow pro-life warriors as we work for the day when abortion in America is not merely illegal, but also unthinkable.
To that end Priests for Life has launched our 90-Day Campaign for LIFE. By the time the Campaign ends on Pentecost Sunday May 24 ...
... most of the country's state legislatures will have finished their work and gone home;
... our lawsuit against the HHS abortion mandate of ObamaCare will have moved forward;
... more atrocities will have been exposed at abortion clinics around the country;
... as will the crimes against humanity that abortionists have committed.
What I can't tell you is how much of an impact Priests for Life will have had in all those areas.
That's because the amount of work we will be able do over these next three months depends entirely upon you and the Priests for Life family.
It's true. As I know I've told you before, in spite of the fact that many at the Vatican – including Pope Francis himself ... who was a member of the Pontifical Council for the Family of which I was also an Official – as well as Bishops around the world and here in the U.S. have strongly encouraged our Priests for Life ministry, we receive no funds from any official Church entity ... neither from Rome nor here in the United States.
Every penny we receive comes from individuals just like you: Hard-working, dedicated pro-life champions. Which is why I told you that the success of our 90-Day Campaign for LIFE depends entirely on you and the Priests for Life family.
It will take a minimum of $1,000,000 to fund all the work I listed for you in this
letter. And that doesn't include other important programs ... such as Priests for Life’s vital work in post-abortion ministry through Rachel's Vineyard. In fact, when I met Pope Francis he told me directly:
“Rachel's Vineyard is great. It is an excellent work. Move forward with that!”
Like his predecessors St. Pope John Paul II and Pope Emeritus Benedict, the Holy Father knows that in addition to taking the life of an innocent child, abortion inflicts untold damage on women and men. That’s why he is so insistent that our work in post-abortion healing “move forward.”
Again, though, that's just one of the many programs Priests for Life must do OVER AND ABOVE the five priority projects that I outlined for you in this
So please do all you can to CLICK HERE and help make these next three months productive ones as we persevere in our fight to end America's abortion holocaust.
As I just mentioned, it's going to take a minimum of $1,000,000 to fund Priests for Life's work from Ash Wednesday to Pentecost Sunday. But as I told you at the beginning of my
letter, because of everything that will happen in the next three months, especially with regard to our lawsuit against the abortion mandate of ObamaCare:
These next 90 days will prove decisive in our mission to end legalized abortion-on-demand in America.
Priests for Life is fully prepared to carry on as the face and voice of America's pro-life movement. The programs are in place. The strategies mapped out. The mission trips scheduled. Everything is set except one crucial part: The funds.
And for that I am totally dependent on you and your fellow pro-life warriors.
As you prayerfully consider how God is calling you to help, don’t be afraid to be more generous than you think you can be. Remember: God is never outdone in generosity. He sees into your heart. He knows the sacrifices you are making for His innocent children. And He will bless you a hundred fold. You have His word for that.
On behalf of the youngest members of our human family, thank you for your generosity. I will be sure to remember you at every Mass I offer during this important 90-day period; as will the other priests of Priests for Life. Thank you again and may God bless you.
Sincerely yours in Christ,
Father Frank Pavone
National Director, Priests for Life and Gospel of Life Ministries
P.S. As important as your financial support will be during our 90-Day Campaign for LIFE, your prayers will be just as important. Please pray for me, the other priests, our Pastoral Associates and everyone here at Priests for Life. Ask God to fill us with His love and wisdom. If you will do that in addition to giving Priests for Life your financial support, then I am confident that God will bless our work with success. Thank you again and may God bless you.
NOTE: If you prefer to send a check, please make it out to Priests for Life and send it to us at PO Box 141172, Staten Island, NY 10314. If you have any questions, call us toll-free at 888-735-3448.