Every abortion is morally unacceptable, and every baby is equally deserving of protection.
However, Priests for Life has long been convinced that in moving the American public and policy away from abortion, we start by talking about what is most obvious -- and most upsetting -- and then move on to what is less obvious. And restoring protection to every baby is -- like everything else in life -- a process involving many steps.
For decades, the Priests for Life team has focused on late-term abortion as the door to the larger abortion debate our nation needs to have. Even most "pro-choice" people oppose late-term abortion.
Now, the Governor of New York and the Governor of Virginia, and the Democrats behind them – all pro-abortion – have pushed that door wide open. And now Democrat lawmakers in other states are also pushing for abortion without any restrictions.
Despite appearances to the contrary, we have NOT been having an abortion debate in this country.
That’s because when you and I say the word “abortion,” we know that it means the dismemberment of living children.
When the pro-abortion fanatics say the word, they talk about “women’s health” and “reproductive rights” and “freedom of choice.”
In other words, they don’t talk about abortion.
But when Democrat lawmakers in Virginia openly talk about the kind of bill presented there recently, or New York actually passes such a law, the mask comes off and people realize that what we’ve been saying all along is true: abortion advocates want abortions until the very day of birth.
And it was Roe vs. Wade that unleashed this, because Roe vs. Wade did not prohibit the states from having unrestricted abortion, even to the day of birth.
We have a great opportunity right now to awaken the consciences of our fellow citizens as to what Roe vs. Wade actually means, and what is hiding behind the benign and deceptive term “pro-choice.”
As the Vice-President himself has said, we can’t let this moment pass in silence.
So please join us in the effort to expose and end late-term abortion and all abortion.
- Express your outrage about New York’s new abortion law
- Have people look at the reality of abortion, using websites like we’ve set up at www.LookAtAbortion.org. Utilize the diagrams of dismemberment abortion, and also see a video describing it.
- Follow Fr. Frank Pavone on Twitter, @frfrankpavone and on Instagram, @frfrankpavone to stay updated on this battle and gain insights to pass on to others.
- Sign up for our action alerts at www.StopAbortionNow.org so that we can inform you of specific steps we need you to take at short notice.
- Talk to your senators about their vote on the Born-Alive bill on February 25, 2019.
- Keep up the pressure on House Democrats and Support Republicans working to get a vote on Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act!
- Listen to and spread the phone calls we commissioned, showing late term abortions being booked for healthy moms carrying healthy babies.
- Help elect candidates who are pro-life instead of the pro-abortion candidates who want unlimited abortion. Go to www.ProLifeVote.com.
- Many are calling for the excommunication of Governor Cuomo and other pro-abortion Catholic public officials. Whether that happens or not, you can spread the teaching of the Bishops that admonishes these politicians. Find out more at www.GospelOfLife.net.
- Spread these videos from Fr. Frank Pavone's Facebook page:
And read Fr. Frank Pavone's column, “Applause from Hell,” published in the Washington Examiner.
Priests for Life has also commissioned phone calls to legal abortion clinics around the country. In the calls, which you can listen to below, our caller poses as a pregnant mother seeking an abortion appointment, usually in the latest stages of pregnancy, with both the mother and baby in perfect health. In one call, we hear the clinic schedule an abortion for a healthy mother carrying a healthy baby at 32 weeks of pregnancy!
We ask you to spread this information in every way you can. Show people that healthy babies, carried by healthy mothers, are being aborted in the second and even third trimester of pregnancy.
We have also created a survey which measures people’s opinions on late term abortion. You can find it at AbortionSurvey.org or click on the button below. We are particularly interested in people who consider themselves “pro-choice” filling out the survey. Their responses will be very important for this project so please share the survey in any way possible!