1. Memorize and Spread Vital Resources to save a life. It is important to commit two simple resources to memory. The first is the pregnancy help hotline number, 800-712-HELP. The second is the website
www.pregnancycenters.org. As pro-lifers, we must always be ready at a moment’s notice to help people who may be tempted to have an abortion, and to point them to real alternatives.
Then, once you’ve memorized this information, get your Church to promote it as well. Why shouldn’t pastors put this website and phone number permanently on their church bulletin or on their church website? We have made it super easy. All you need to do is visit
www.Prolife.church to download and print the information to give to your pastor.
2. Invite Others to Healing. It’s important that people know pro-lifers aren’t just about prevention, and we certainly aren’t about condemning those who have had abortions. If you know a mother or father who has lost a child to abortion, invite them to attend a Rachel’s Vineyard retreat weekend, which can be found at
www.RachelsVineyard.org (a ministry of Priests for Life). You can also find additional healing resources at our special website
www.AbortionForgiveness.com. Commit these to memory, too. Healing is available to everyone who has been impacted by abortion. Everyone is invited to repentance and forgiveness.
3. Join Our Healing Team. The most impactful part of the March for Life, I find, is the testimonies of women and men of the
Silent No More Awareness Campaign who have experienced abortion and were filled with remorse and regret afterward. All Campaign members have been through healing and tell their stories at public and private events all over the country. Take their testimonies and use them! Spread them around! Preach about them! We have the testimonies categorized at
www.AbortionTestimonies.com. If you are someone who has had an abortion, please consider becoming part of this courageous life-saving campaign.
We also invite you to
sign this petition
urging the government to protect people from the damage abortion does.
4. Get Political. For some reason, people are intimidated by this, but it’s one of the simplest steps of all. It is important to know what’s going on at the political and legislative level, contact your representatives, and know what to say to them. We can help with that. All you need to do is go to
www.StopAbortionNow.org to sign up for email alerts. The alerts come straight to your box and will inform you of steps you can take, or calls you can make, to help get pro-life legislation passed. You will get step-by-step instructions on how to contact your reps and what to say. We write the bodies of the messages for you. It couldn’t be easier.
In fact, one of the most recent alerts was to ask you all to contact your U.S. Senators, no matter where they stood on abortion, to let them know you demanded a vote on the
Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act. And our efforts paid off in the fact that, while the measure didn't receive the necessary super-majority to overcome a filibuster, a vote was held, putting Senators on record on the bill. You can see that action alert
In that alert, we identified 10 states where this effort was especially important. (These are states that voted for President Trump in 2016, but have one Democratic incumbent Senator up for re-election this year -- Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Wisconsin.) In future action alerts, your state may play an especially important role in the battle to protect the unborn.
5. Take Advantage of Social Media. The influence of social media continues to grow and those of your who have connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc. have been crucial in helping spread pro-life news and information. We need your help to constantly grow our outreach. See our various platforms at
www.ProLifeSocialMedia.com, connect with us and spread the word!
6. Expose Late Term Abortion. In one of our latest projects (in partnership with Abortion Free New Mexico), we made undercover phone calls to over two dozen abortion clinics, exposing the fact that they perform late term abortions on healthy babies carried by healthy moms in the latest stages of pregnancy. In some of these calls the mom says she is 30 weeks pregnant!
Because so many people are completely ignorant to the prevalence of late abortion, sharing our links to the undercover phone calls has been the fastest, most effective way of spreading word. Listen to the calls and get the links at
7. Say it With a Book. Sharing books is a very effective way of spreading the pro-life message.
Two of the newest books at Priests for Life can help people on their healing journeys. Kevin Burke’s
Tears of the Fisherman: Recovery for Men Wounded by Abortion, speaks directly to men, no matter what their role in the abortion might have been. Janet Morana’s book,
Shockwaves: Abortion’s Wider Circle of Victims, explains the way many different groups of people – parents, grandparents, siblings, extended families, pro-life workers and even abortion workers and abortionists – are harmed by abortion, and shows these people how to find healing. Check out our
online bookstore and say it with a book!
8. Familiarize Yourself With Our Other Ministries. Priests for Life is a family of ministries, with a place for everybody’s niche. Since Evangelist Alveda King (niece of Martin Luther King, Jr.) joined the Pastoral Team of Priests for Life more than a decade ago, she has been working tirelessly to get out the message that the pro-life movement is the civil rights movement of the 21st century. Find out more about her work, and how to get involved, at
Civil Rights for the Unborn.
Sign the statement, furthermore, that Alveda King and other leaders have signed, indicating that the “Beloved Community” must include the children in the womb.
Stand True, our youth outreach, is headed by Bryan Kemper, a long-time veteran of the pro-life movement. He has created a line of pro-life apparel that helps pro-lifers get the message out in schools and elsewhere. Bryan also speaks at youth conferences and music festivals and works in concert with other pro-life youth organizations around the country.
9. Invite Us to Your Parish or Group. Priests for Life has a
team of speakers who travel all over the country, and the world, to deliver a pro-life message and to help parishes, pro-life organizations and schools fight more effectively against the culture of death and the evil of abortion. Invite us to come!
10. Pray. Finally, please join me and countless others in our year-long prayer campaign to end abortion. At our
Prayer Campaign page, you can keep up with upcoming novenas, find monthly prayer intentions and even a prayer to end the evils of Planned Parenthood.
Let's also inspire others to do more for the unborn throughout the year. To quote Saint Paul, “I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” (Phil 1:6)