Episode 1: Remembering Terri Schiavo ( www.priestsforlife.org/terri )
"Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you" (Mark 5:19)
Reflection: Do post-abortion healing programs and pro-life activism mix? Countless women and men say yes. Many activists, of course, have had abortions. They speak up for the children they once killed -- and that is part of the healing. Many of those in need of healing begin that journey because their conscience is stirred by those who expose the reality of abortion.
Prayer: Lord, you inspire those who have found your healing to carry out your mission. Give fruitfulness to their words and words! Amen.
Terri's Day - March 31! - Click here for more info
Guests: Terri's siblings - Bobby Schindler and Suzanne Vitadamo - www.terrisfight.org
- Abortion Loss and Unresolved Grief - 8 DVD set plus Course Guide. An Educational Series on the Psychological and Spiritual Impact of Abortion. This is a 9 DVD set that comes with one course guide. Additional course guides can be ordered separately.
- Packet with information about the Missionaries of the Gospel of Life - contains the Manual and brochure. Call us at Tel. 321-500-1000, Toll Free 888-735-3448 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Action Items: As a private citizen, host a Prolife event in your home. Invite friends who are pro-life and have them invite others who are sympathetic to the issue but may be struggling to figure it out more. Use our Defending Life Show, Life Talk segments or You Tube videos to show the guests and facilitate discussion! You can also read an essay from Fr. Frank's book, "Ending Abortion, Not Just Fighting It."
If you cannot be in a city where the freedom rides are taking place you can still participate in similar activities in your own city. Let others know about help for pregnant women at www.pregnancycenters.org. Print and distribute post-abortion testimonies. Register people to vote, see www.priestsforlife.org/vote.
Ask Fr. Frank: My wife is post-abortive. What do I do and how do I help her? - John from Nebraska - See www.Rachelsvineyard.org and www.SilentNoMoreAwareness.org
Episode 2: Pro-Life Freedom Rides (www.prolifefreedomerides.com)
"You are the light of the world. A city built upon a mountain cannot be hidden." (Matthew 5:14).
Reflection: In elections, each of us has but one vote. Yet we can all influence thousands of votes. And we should start with the people who need the least amount of urging – those who already agree with us on the key issues of the day, and who would probably support the candidates we support. Let’s reach for the "low-hanging fruit,” thereby getting more results for the energy we expend.
Prayer: Lord, let me not miss the opportunities you give me to mobilize your people to do good! Amen.
Description : The 2010 pro-life freedom rides for the unborn will be modeled after the freedom rides for civil rights.
Guest: Dr. Alveda King, Priests for Life Director of African American Outreach
- The Contraception of Grief: The Genesis of Anguish Conceived by Abortifacients and Sterilization book. This book exposes the pain that so many women endure when they realize that the contraceptives they used caused the deaths of their children. This book is for women, men, pastors, doctors and all who minister to the family.
- Abortion and Contraception Fruits of the Same Tree brochure. Find out exactly how abortion and contraception are related.
- Humanae Vitae Study Guide. This study guide, written by the Priests and Pastoral Associates of Priests for Life, contains the text of the Encyclical itself (Humanae Vitae (On Human Life), written by Pope Paul VI) along with commentary and study questions. Great for personal or group use and also a great resource for Pre-Cana classes.
Action Item: Priests for Life has a large presence on Facebook. See www.Priestsforlife.org/facebook for more information. Promote our Facebook pages, causes and groups. Promote them and invite others to do the same.
Ask Fr. Frank: Shouldn’t the Church be about changing minds and hearts through prayer and preaching rather than politics and protest? - James from Oregon.
Episode 3: Embryoscopy
”The people of Judah have done evil in my eyes, declares the Lord … They have built the high places … to burn their sons and daughters in the fire” (Jeremiah 7:30-31).
Reflection: A woman who saw the photos of aborted babies on the Priests for Life website wrote to us, “Let me state first that I am rarely if ever speechless, I am very outspoken and speak what I feel. The abortion images are jolting, and will haunt me the rest of my life. … I will never be silent about this matter again.”
Prayer: Jolt us, Lord; awaken us, and preserve us from sin. Amen.
Description: The Endowment for Human Development (www.ehd.org) has put together a powerful DVD - The Biology of Pre-natal Development. This is the most vivid, powerful, and striking videography of the unborn child that exists. It was obtained through a rarely used technique called embryoscopy, in which a video camera the size of a pen-point is inserted abdominally or cervically. It's light years beyond ultrasound and will make you practically fall off your chair when you see it.
Featured Products: Brochures by Fr. Frank Pavone
Ask Fr. Frank: Doesn’t more birth control prevent more abortions? - Susan from Ohio
Episode 4: Advancing Political Responsibility
“Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our abode with him” (John 14:23).
Reflection: When the Father and Son come and abide with us, it is through this Holy Spirit. The Spirit unites the human family in bonds of self-giving love. Abortion, and other manifestations of the culture of death, however, divides the human family, because they are the opposite of self-giving.
Prayer: Holy Spirit, we need you and we long for the unity you bring. Give us the love that overcomes division. Amen.
- Communicate with your Bishops and encourage them. At www.priestsforlife.org you will find many pro-life statements from Bishops. Read them and thank the Bishops for them.
- Sign up to be more active at www.politicalresponsibility.com, register others to vote and distribute literature during election time.
Ask Fr. Frank: My grandmother is in a nursing home and I am worried that she is not being given the proper life-sustaining treatment. What does my grandmother need and how do I protect her? - Neil from Maryland
Episode 5: Reflecting on Pro-Life Pioneers
“Take this and eat; this is my body” (Matthew 26:26).
Reflection: Supporters of abortion say, "This is my body, I can do what I want." Jesus says, "This is my body, given up for you." The same words are spoken from opposite ends of the universe, with totally opposite results. Let us resolve to live those words as Jesus did, giving ourselves away for the good of others, born and unborn.
Prayer: Lord, thank you for my body, my life and my freedom. May all of us understand the purpose of these gifts: to freely give ourselves away in love just as you did. Amen.
Guest: Brad Mattes, Life Issues Institute. See also the Men and Abortion Network at www.menandabortion.net.
- Sharing the Heart of Christ book. The nature of abortion trauma requires a team approach to treatment with Clergy, Counselors and Laity working together. In this book, abortion is presented as a relational wound exploring the effects on Marriage and family life and special chapters address unique issues for clergy in their ministry. This book is for Priests, Deacons, Counselors and Laity in ministry to those suffering after abortion and in need of emotional and spiritual healing.
- Preaching on Abortion booklet. This manual shows a busy priest why and how he should preach about abortion.
- Will to Live. Fill out a Will to Live, not a Living Will
- Terri’s Day is March 31st and 2010 marks the 5th Anniversary of her death. We encourage you to make known Terri's Day to your community. See www.terrisday.org
- Register your abortion regret at www.iregretmyabortion.com
Ask Fr. Frank: I know that I should preach the Gospel of Life in my parish, but I am worried about alienating people with a political issue. How do I talk about pro-life issues in my parish? - Fr. Leo from Florida
Episode 6: Priests for Life and Outreach to Clergy
“When you have a reception, invite beggars and the crippled, the lame and the blind. You should be pleased that
they cannot repay you, for you will be repaid in the resurrection of the just.” – Lk. 14:13-14
Reflection: Jesus calls us to the purest form of love, that is, love of those who cannot repay us. The unborn children, whose lives we seek to protect, cannot repay us and do not even know we are fighting for them. Pro-life work is motivated by pure love.
Prayer: Lord, increase my love for the children in the womb, who cannot acknowledge or repay me. May you be my only reward.
Guests: Msgr. Mike Mannion, Diocese of Camden, NJ, Fr. Scott Daniels, OP, Priest Associate, Priests for Life and Fr. Victor Salomón, Director of Hispanic Outreach for Priests for Life
- Monitor News Stories online and post your comment! This is a chance to get the pro-life message out there. Comment on blogs, too.
- Follow Fr. Frank on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Ask Fr. Frank: Where can I find a pro-life doctor? - Sarah from Washington DC. See www.priestsforlife.org/doctors
Episode 7: African American Outreach
“Arise, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt” (Matthew 2:13).
Reflection: Joseph is a model for all fathers in his example of faithfulness and protection for his family. Thousands of times a day, children are aborted, because of a choice of a father, who fails to show that faithfulness and willingness to protect the child he has helped conceive.
Prayer: Lord, bless fathers. When their child is unexpected, may they welcome that child and encourage the child’s mother to say yes to life. Amen.
MAAFA 21. Black Genocide in the 21st Century - Contact us at Tel. 321-500-1000, Toll Free 888-735-3448 for more information.
Killed In Darkness Remembered in Light DVD. On the afternoon of July 27, 2008, close to 500 of the faithful filled Mother Angelica's Shrine in Alabama for the funeral of three aborted children who had been retrieved from a dumpster. This DVD takes you through the ceremony conducted by Fr. Frank Pavone. Fr. Frank will explain why such funerals are crucial in exposing the darkness of abortion.
Action Item: Donate Pro-Life books to schools and libraries. See www.priestsforlife.org/books for ideas.
Ask Fr. Frank: Is our parish allowed by to conduct a voter registration drive? - Melissa from Texas. See www.politicalresponsibility.com
Episode 8: The Survivor Generation
“Let it be done to me according to your word” (Luke 1:38).
Reflection: The truth of God's Word exists before Mary's own choosing. She submits to a word, a truth, she did not create. At the heart of the "pro-choice" mentality is the idea that we create our own truth. This mentality holds that the value of the unborn child, and that child's right to exist, depend upon the choice of the mother.
Prayer: Lord, let it be done to me also according to your word, now and always! Amen!
Guest: Brandi Swindell, Founder of Generation Life and Stanton Healthcare.
Featured Product: Fr. Frank's Homilies from the EWTN Live Televised Mass. 12 CD's are available with Fr. Frank's powerful and stirring homilies from the EWTN Live Televised Mass.
Action Item: Tell counselors in schools and hospitals about the hotline for women in an unplanned pregnancy, www.optionline.org or 1-800-712-HELP. Also tell them about the Rachel's Vineyard hotline for post-abortive women at 1-877 HOPE 4 ME. Also, on the web refer them to our brochure "You Can Save Someone's Life Today" at www.priestsforlife.org/brochures/youcan.html.
Ask Fr. Frank: When someone has had an abortion and wants to share her story, what are some of the things she needs to keep in mind? - Elizabeth from New Mexico
Helpful websites: www.SilentNoMoreAwareness.org, www.RachelsVineyard.org, www.HopeAfterAbortion.org and www.Messengers2.org
Episode 9: Abortion - A Pro-Life Doctor's Perspective
“As for Mary, she treasured all these words and pondered them in her heart” (Luke 2:19).
Reflection: The Rosary has conquered countless enemies, and many pray it in front of abortion mills. As we acknowledge Jesus as the fruit of Mary's womb, we stand to pray for our brothers and sisters in the womb. As we honor the greatest mother, we pray for the frightened mothers.
Prayer: Mary, our Mother, bring us Jesus yet again; lead us to his victory over all forms of death. Amen.
Guest: Dr. Nicole Lanborn, OBGYN, NJ. Find pro-life doctors at www.priestsforlife.org/doctors
- Pro-Life Reflections for Everyday - This will enrich your daily prayer life with new vigor to stand up for the unborn! This is a devotional prayer book, one of the "Spiritual Life" series that Catholic Book Publishing Company has produced for years. The book is 192 pages with vinyl binding and ribbon. In exchange for one minute a day, your spiritual life will be nourished throughout the day with pro-life vigor!
- Ending Abortion Not Just Fighting It - In this collection of stirring and informative pro-life essays, Fr. Pavone convincingly portrays the negative ramifications that the abuse of freedom and the right to choose have unleashed on our society since abortion was legalized...
- Professional diagrams of two abortion procedures: Dilation and Evacuation procedure and Suction and Curettage procedure
Action Item: Place Bulletin inserts in your parish bulletin - see www.priestsforlife.org/bulletin and the Priests for Life store.
Ask Fr. Frank: I was sued for praying in front of an abortion mill and now I need an attorney. Are there pro-life lawyers who can help me? - Rory from Illinois. See www.ThomasMore.org, www.AllianceDefenseFund.org and www.ACLJ.org
Additional Resources: Find testimonies of former abortionists at www.priestsforlife.org/testimonies. Find out more about the National Association of Pro-Life Nurses at www.NursesForLife.org
Episode 10: Silent No More Awareness Campaign
“They do more harm to those who practice them than to those who suffer from the injury” (Vatican II, Gaudium et Spes, 27).
Reflection: This quote from Vatican II is speaking about abortion, euthanasia, genocide, and various other forms of violence against human life and dignity. It obviously calls for a deep concern for the welfare of those who carry out these activities. The Church seeks both the protection of the victims and the salvation of the perpetrators.
Prayer: Lord, have mercy on those who carry out practices against human life and dignity. Convert, heal and save them. Amen.
Five levels of participation in the Silent No More Awareness Campaign
Featured Products: Mass Cards for the Living and Deceased.
- Order the Choose Life License Plates if they are available in your state. See www.choose-life.org or get vanity plates with a pro-life message.
Ask Fr. Frank: Parishes have certain rules with the tax exempt status pertaining to talking about politics. How can I find out what they are and assure our pastor that preaching the Gospel of Life does not conflict with them? - Sharon from Arkansas - See www.politicalresponsibility.com to get legal guidance.
- Read the Bishops' document, "Living the Gospel of Life" and use the Priests for Life study guide to this document. Order both from www.priestsforlife.org/store.
Episode 11: South Dakota Law
“Be mindful, O Lord, that mercy and kindness have been yours from of old. Remember not the sins of my youth”
Reflection: A woman wrote of her abortion, “It was very painful, physically and mentally. It affected me in the worst way. I felt very guilty. I couldn’t look at any kids. I know I won’t ever do it again.” Those getting an abortion think it will solve their problems, and they find out it only creates more of them.
Prayer: Lord, show us how to reach out to those who have had abortions, and how to understand their pain. Bring us all to healing. Amen.
Action Item: Join the Freedom Rides
Ask Fr. Frank: Is there hope and healing for victims of miscarriage? If so, where do I find it? - Anne from Iowa
Episode 12: Missionaries of the Gospel of Life
“Shout it aloud, do not hold back. Raise your voice like a trumpet!” (Isaiah 58:1).
Reflection: In order to give voice to the voiceless and to reach the numbers of people we need to reach in the short time we have to reverse the culture of death, we sometimes have to be in the public spotlight. “Let your light shine before others,” the Lord said, always reminding us that the glory goes to the Father (see Mt.5:16).
Prayer: Lord, teach me that humility does not mean I am always hidden, but rather, that I am always exactly where you need me to be. Amen.
Featured Products: Great brochures for your Parish literature rack
Action Item: Get voter registration forms and conduct voter registration drives.
Ask Fr. Frank: A lot of people who I know that claim to be pro-choice say they are because they don’t want women to go to jail. What do I say to them? - Emily from Alaska
Additional Resources: www.hopeafterabortion.com and www.messengers2.com
Episode 13: Pregnancy Resource Centers
“It is a supreme injustice and arbitrariness when some make themselves the judge of who should live or die” – Evangelium Vitae, 66.
Reflection: When people ask me about the right to die, I say, Don't worry -- you won't miss out on it. A right is a moral claim. We do not have a claim on death; it has a claim on us! It is our duty to surround our dying brothers and sisters with all the love and care we can.
Prayer: Lord Jesus, you conquered the power of death. May we seek freedom from its power only in you! Amen!
Featured Products: Pro-Life Spirituality and Activism - a 9 CD set. Fr. Frank Pavone has trained pro-life leaders across the Country. Now you can benefit from his seminars while in the comfort of your own home! This 9 CD set will renew and perfect your pro-life work like never before. Topics include: Spirituality of Pro-Life Work, Public Education and Prayer and Repentance
Action Items: Show the graphic images of abortion at www.unborn.info. Order our brochure about the use of graphic images by clicking here.
Ask Fr. Frank: My friend is pregnant and not sure whether to choose life. How do I help her? - Rebecca from Georgia
Additional websites of interest: